So this stuff is nasty, my niece had it. I personally believe my sister and her two sons had it, but I could not convince them to see a Doctor...
S. and I both started fevers on Thursday afternoon by the evening I was sick to my stomach and she was coughing and CRANKY So Friday morning we headed to the doctor, after a nasty flu swab it was confirmed that both S. and I only have viral infections. Thank goodness! But the fevers keep coming and going, as does the upset of stomach and S's cough, she also has a runny nose now too...There is nothing more sad than a baby with a runny nose.
Our ped. asked me to keep our children in, at home as much as humanly possible between now and March 2010! She is very concerned about their safety with all the H1N1 going around. Since those most likely to suffer complications are people with Asthma and children under the age of 2, that includes are whole family, J, H and I all have asthsma and S is obviously under the age of 2.
H Sunday school teachers will be sending her papers to her at home every week and even though I do NOT want to, I must resign from my Sunday school teaching position. My children are so much more important to me than any other commitments. I will ALWAYS have God no matter what, but my children? I will only have them as long as I can protect them and if keeping them home like the Doctor has asked means I lessen their chances of contracting H1N1 then so be it!
H has also had to give up dance classes, but she hasn't even noticed that we've stopped going. I don't think she really enjoyed them all that much. Maybe she can do Gymnastics again next Summer, if the flu is not so prevalent at that time. She really loved Gymnastics, she would ask everyday "Is today Gymnastics day?" But she never asked "Is today Dance day?" Guess that should have been my clue before I prepaid two months and now we are not using the second month and I can't get a refund. :( Oh well! Lesson learned, never prepay more than one month! lol
Well I've got a baby ramming me with her walker saying BaBa, Dada, BaBa, Dada and giving my the sign for milk. I think she is ready for her bedtime BaBa. :) *YAY* Bedtime! WOOHOO! lol. This momma is tired.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment