So the girls and I made rice crispy TreaTs today for snack since our letter of the week is T. But I was very rudely informed that "No Mom. Those start with an R." I was trying to make the word TreaT stand out by stressing the T's in the word. H. and C. were just not getting it...so we moved on. We also did leaf rubbings and worked on writing the words one and two and the numbers 1 and 2. That's all we acomplished today. C. was in an argumentive mood and H. woke up and promptly proclaimed "I'm grumpy so don't try to make me happy. Ok?" Ohh the things a 4 1/2 comes up with!
We took a trip to a grocery store a half mile away because they were having a meat sale this week and the sale was "While supplies last" Of course they didn't have the pork roast left that I wanted or the cube steak. But I chose 5 other cuts of meat for just $20! Those 5 packages of meat will provide us with at least 8 dinners if not 9! Not a bad deal for just $20 :) If you add to those side dishes from my "Stockpile" that I've accumulated mostly for free or frozen veggies from our garden, Dinner will cost less than $3.50 a night for those 8-9 nights. Take that 5dollardinners.com! lol Just kidding Erin!! Anyway the moral of the trip to the store was that H. and C. kept saying "We're sleepy. We're tired. Can we take a nap when we get home?" Ummm yes?! But I knew that would never REALLY happen because it was only 8:20am. And it didn't. :(
But it's happening now! (1:33 pm)
Have some really yummy recipes for Sirlion steak? Send them my way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment